The Great and Immortal Painters’ Stories: Gustav Klimt

Category: Kindle Store,Kindle eBooks,Arts & Photography

The Great and Immortal Painters’ Stories: Gustav Klimt Details

When I was born, I came across music due to my father who loved music so much, and as I grew up I became more and more immersed in the music.My first experienced music genres were classical music and old pop due to my father’s influence. Then, I became interested in other music genres and other areas of culture and arts besides music, and art was one of them.When I started to learn the art, I frequently visited bookstores to buy art books, and subscribed monthly art magazines, too. I also visited galleries quite often to expand my knowledge about art. However, whenever I visited the galleries at the time, I felt a lack of something. There was no background music. If there were background music matching with exhibited paintings, I thought it would be more touching for appreciating them. I managed a culture and arts space in Seoul, South Korea until last year, where I had lectured various culture and arts programs. When I make programs, I prefer collaborative making of various areas.As an example, I created a lecture combining art and music based on the previous experience at the gallery. In addition, I added movies to the lecture. This is the main frame of the program, "The Great and Immortal Painters’ Stories.” In this program, I cover stories about lifetime, interesting stories, and representative artworks of selected artist with movies featuring the artist and music selected by myself. In the last part of the lecture, participants appreciate the selected artist’s artworks with selected music as a background. I began this lecture in March 2016. The artists I had introduced in the lecture are Modigliani, Monet, Van Gogh, Gauguin, Picasso, Klimt, Dali, Munch, Renoir, Cezanne, Matisse, Chagall, Manet, Caravaggio, Goya, Camille Claudel, Frida Kahlo, Egon Schiele, Basquiat and Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec.Thanks to the good responses to this lecture, I was able to write this book. This book is an English version of my “Gustav Klimt” book in Korean to be published in 2019.I am successively going to write stories about the painters I had introduced in my lectures.Since this book covers not only art but also movies and music, it will help to broaden readers’ knowledge beyond art. My book also covers unfamiliar stories of Gustav Klimt as well as his well-known stories. What cannot be excluded from the stories of painters is the painters’ love stories. I also included my opinion based on the references collected about Gustav Klimt.Thank you.

Reviews

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel